Click HERE to listen to the full audio of Tuesday’s lesson led by Kay Wyma. This is a link to a dropbox file that you can open in iTunes, download to your computer or play immediately.
Today in studying Psalms 33, I hope to remember so many things – several of which are beautifully stated by the Psalmist, some of which are the implied nature and character of God as outlined in this Psalm of praise:
- His word is right and true
- He loves righeousness & justice
- His UNFAILING LOVE fills the earth
- by His word the heavens were made
- He gathers the waters of the seas into jars (see also Job 38:5-11, 36-38)
- His plans stand firm FOREVER … the purposes of his heart through ALL generations
- He LOOKS from heaven and SEES; he WATCHES all
- He forms the hearts of all
- He considers EVERYTHING they do
- No power is over Him, no king, no force
- The Lord delivers those who hope in his UNFAILING LOVE (2 Chronicles 16:9a – “For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him”, 2 Chronicles 15:2)
- He is our hope and shield
- worthy of praise
- faithful in all he does
- looks down and sees ALL
- forms (the hearts of all)
- sees (nothing is/has been/or will be hidden from him)
So we …
- sing a new song
- rejoice from our hearts
- put our hope in HIM
Because the Lord delivers from death and keeps us alive in famine.
For HE IS FAITHFUL.
His love is UNFAILING.
(Story of Jehosophat 2 Chronicles 20 – a precursor to the ultimate battle that the Lord has fought – in accordance with His faithfulness – and won on our behalf)
Thanks for traveling though Psalms together.
What struck you? …